The Magic of Ink [Closed]

Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Player: Felix

Post by Harmony Gabriel »

"Oh, your sister reads tea leaves as well?" She smiled and looked down at the tattoo. The outline was nearly finished and it looked fantastic. "You can take a look at the outline if you'd like." She shook her and swung the chair around to get some of the colors ready for the flowers themselves. "No, it's not something I advertise on a regular basis. I don't want a lot of people to know about it actually." She knew that it was probably stepping over a boundary of her own letting Morgan know that she did read them.
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary
Player: Nova

Post by Morgan Blackwood »

"She works with prophecies of various kinds," Morgan said as they stood up and walked over to the mirror to take a look, "This already looks fantastic," they said, keeping their arm up so as to not touch it, "But I won't go advertising for you, rest assured, it's none of my business, though I do appreciate you trusting me with that information," they added as they turned back to go back to the table.
Knowledge is the key that unlocks the mysteries of our world.
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

Harmony's eyes widened a bit when Morgan said that their sister worked with Prophecies. She nodded and was impressed with the fact that she did so. "That is impressive work. I don't think I could do something like that. Personally, with my uh...abilities, I would feel like I was being used I guess?" It wasn't exactly the right word but it was what she could come up with. In all reality she would feel taken advantage of and as if it was the only thing she could provide. When they said the tattoo looked fantastic, Harmony beamed. "I'm glad you're liking it so far. Now we just have to add color and get the shading in there to make those flowers pop." She looked over at her workstation and was satisfied with the colors she had set out to begin that process.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. It's not something I do much, to be honest." It was nice to know that people still respected boundaries. "Come now, let's get these colors going. Unless you need a pee, drink or food break?" She smiled and went to reach for her gun.
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

"I'm good to keep going," Morgan smiled before getting back onto the table and getting back into the right position, "I can't imagine it's terribly fun trying to look into people's futures, it's never as...optimistic as people assume it's going to be," they murmured, taking a deep breath, "Either way, I can't wait to see the final product," they said, smiling at her lightly.
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

"Wonderful. We shall continue then." She smiled and readied her gun, dipping it into a couple of colors and turning it on. She watched as they got back into position and nodded in agreement with them as they spoke. "Yes, it's not fun. There are moments that are not all bad of course. Most of the time I get to see the dark and dirty." She laughed and nodded. "Just a few more hours and we shall be all finished with the product."
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

Morgan smiled hearing her, "I can't wait. I know some people who also like getting tattoos, so I'll be sure to direct them your way," they said, getting comfortable. It wasn't that getting it was painless, but they already had gotten so many in places that were sometimes rather sensitive, so they'd built up a bit of a tolerance. They had the temptation to ask questions that were usually small talk, but they didn't know if some of the questions were a bit weird to ask someone you just met, so they didn't ask them, not wanting to make this awkward.
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

She smiled and nodded at Morgan. "Thank you, I appreciate that. I have another job as well, but business is always welcome!" Harmony enjoyed talking with Morgan and wanted to know more about them, but didn't know how to go about asking those questions. She had become accustomed to not asking questions as it had been frowned upon by her ex. Never really knowing exactly what was going on in his life, she was forced to live in the quiet of their relationship. "What uh....what do you like to do when you're not at work...Other than get tattoos." She laughed.
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

Morgan smiled a bit, "I'll tell them to space out their appointments then," they said. When she asked the question, they gave a bit of a laugh at the joke, "Oh I'm a bit of a homebody in my free time. I like to stay at home and read and play with my cat," they said, "Sometimes I'll have people over for dinner, but I spend so much time out in the world for work, I like to spend my downtime grounding myself again," they explained, "I used to feel guilty for it, but it makes me feel better, more mentally sound."

They let a beat pass before asking, "And what about you? What sort of things do you like to do in your spare time?"
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

She chuckled. "I appreciate that." She nodded and shrugged her shoulders. "There is nothing wrong with being a homebody. I spend a lot of my time at home as well." Mainly because it was the place she felt the safest. She was too afraid to do anything too far from home, unless it was work. She didn't really go out much or hang out with friends, not that she had many. He had made sure that all her ties were cut when they were together.

"Oh, the same really. I spend my time at home. I'm not much of a social person." She didn't feel as if was safe to say exactly why. "It's alright though, I have a wonderful view from where I live." She did the finishing touches on the tattoo and slid back. "All done." She smiled looking down at her work.
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

"A master deft with her blade," they said as she said that she finished, staying there for a moment to not smear any of the ink, "I'll have to find a bigger challenge for you in the future," they laughed a little, before finally starting to sit up, "Thank you for being so quick," they smirked
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

"I'm glad you like it." She rubbed some salve on it and covered it before looking up at Morgan. "You're all set..." She wanted to ask them something else but she was afraid of what the answer would be. "Uh...erm..." She looked down at her messy workstation before trying to get the courage. "Don't suppose you'd like..." She cleared her throat. "Okay I don't normally ask this of my customers but, would you wanna meet for a drink sometime? You seem rather laid back and I don't have many people I can call friends."
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

Morgan looked at her as she worked up her courage and then smiled, "Sure," they said, "I don't have many friends either, too long a time in the Department of Mysteries, I guess," they laughed a little as they got up from the table, moving to take a look in the mirror, "I'll have to give you my address so you can send an owl or what have you when you're in the mood for it," they smiled over at her.
Harmony Gabriel
Barista/Tattoo Artist
Barista/Tattoo Artist

It was a success! She would be able to hit up Morgan if Harmony wanted to hang out or grab a drink. Perhaps they really could be friends and Harmony would actually have someone in the area that she would able to spend time with. She smiled brightly and nodded. "Sounds great! Well, lets get you all set. You're all finished and I have to close up shop. But it has been an extreme pleasure!"
Morgan Blackwood
Senior Undersecretary
Senior Undersecretary

"Apologies for keeping you then!" Morgan said as she said she had to close up shop. They fixed their clothes before walking back over to the counter. They got out the money to pay, giving her whatever price she named with a bit extra as a tip, "If you've a scrap of paper, I can write my address down and you can send for me whenever you're up for a drink, or if you just want to hang out, either is fine by me," they smirked. Once they had some means to write it down, Morgan jotted down their address, "It's been great meeting you and I look forward to your owl," they said as they handed it over, then started to head out of the shop so she could get it closed up.

Return to “Archives”