Kyle Winters
7th Year | Chaser
7th Year | Chaser
Player: Jae

Kyle Winters

Post by Kyle Winters »

♪ Had I known how to save a life ♪
Plotting: Mentors or confidants
In spite of his young age, Kyle has had it rough: getting bullied incessantly at school, failing to save his best friend, losing a leg, and finding out his father’s true colours… that is a lot of emotional baggage for a teenager. While he goes about his days with a smile on his face, he’s still hurting inside and trying to come to terms with everything he’s been through. How will Kyle come terms with the hardship he has faced, and grow from it? Or will he get caught up in a downward spiral? Open to discussions for future developments.

♪ I will try to fix you ♪
Plotting: Helping out a friend in need
Having experienced more than his fair share of pain and tragedy, including losing his best mate, Kyle knows very well how it feels like to be lost and alone. When he sees someone who's struggling, he'd do his best to help them out.

♪ We will still be friends forever ♪
Plotting: Friendships
Kyle’s no social butterfly, but he’s friendly and generally gets along with everyone. Feel free to hit him up for anything: coffee, games (including Wizard’s Chess), or just to hang out.

♪ I saw your face in a crowded place ♪
Shipping/Plotting: Romantic relationship, or a wingman
While Kyle has had a crush on couple of folks, he’s usually too shy to muster the courage to confess his love. Not that it matters: when it comes to love, he’s clueless with a capital C, and his clumsy attempts tend to fail hopelessly. He definitely needs a trusty wingman to help him out too, else he’s going to end up forever alone. Open to discussions!

♪ I’m sorry I can’t be perfect ♪
Plotting: Enemies
Everyone’s got their fair share of haters, especially a poor Muggle-born in Slytherin. There’s much for others to nitpick about him: his background, his blood status, his slightly skewed moral code and belief that the ends justifies the means, and so on. Watch out though, for Kyle’s got a surprisingly short fuse when his buttons are pushed, so anyone who crosses him will be in for a rough time. Open to discussions!

Education and Employment Timeline:
  • Student at Hogwarts: 1999–Present
  • Part-timer at Rohaan's uncle's restaurant during the school holidays: 2003–Present
Other Significant Events:
  • July 2001: The Bradford Riots broke out in his hometown over the summer holidays on the 7th of July. Kyle’s best friend, Rohaan, was killed, and his right leg had to be amputated below the knee. Kyle was hospitalised and woke up a few days later on the 10th; subsequently he had to miss the first few weeks of school in order to recover. During his stay at the hospital, Kyle and his mother fell out with his father, and his mother decided that they should move out and live on their own.
  • 5 Nov 2005: During his usual morning run, Kyle chanced upon and opened an old cabinet by the Great Lake, inadvertently released a boggart and starting a massive wildfire.
happiness is only a word, just an empty dream that everyone wants
kim

Post by kim »

It would take a bit of roleplaying to get there, but Trent could potentially fill some of these roles. He could be someone that watches out for Kyle and help him with his confidence. He could also be a Wingman; he’s been successful at dating/hookups. He wouldn’t be able to offer any long-term relationship advice, but maybe in return Kyle can teach Trent how to let people in and remind him whenever he’s being an ass.
Jae

Post by Jae »

Sounds great to me! All these should develop naturally if we let them hang out for a while together. Kyle's also not one to mince his words so he won't let Trent off the hook if the latter's being an ass. I imagine things could be quite comedic from time to time, so I'm looking forward to this potential bromance!

Return to “Students”