Muggle Studies
Muggle Studies
Player: Rika

Darcy Hutton

Post by Darcy Hutton »

Plots:

N/A yet

Platonic:

None, but of course friendships etc with other magical adults, professors, etc totally welcome. Studying outside of class plots and whatever else fits for students is ok too.

Romantic:

Perhaps she is interested in this? I am quite sure she'd not be against the idea, but she's not really seeking it out.

Enemies:

None...yet??
Jae

Post by Jae »

I’ve got a couple of ideas for some of my characters:

Nigel is a fellow Hufflepuff alumnus and a professor at Hogwarts. He’s quite familiar with Muggle culture and technology; in particular he has a soft spot for older tech and timepieces due to his keen interest in mechanical systems, and he even owns a vintage motorcycle. He would probably have other Muggle artifacts at home that could have been enchanted, so he would know a thing or two about getting Muggle tech to work in a magic-dense environment. Maybe we could come up with something based on their shared interest in Muggle culture? Alternatively, one of Nigel’s best mates is a Muggleborn journalist who writes for both the Daily Prophet and a Muggle newspaper; perhaps Nigel would have come to know of Darcy through this journalist friend?

Integra is also a fellow professor at Hogwarts, but she would probably have known Darcy from a long time ago because she used to teach Arithmancy from 1968 to the late 1980s. Even if Darcy didn’t take her Arithmancy classes, Integra might still be familiar with Darcy since she was seen as a top candidate by the school staff to be a professor.

Kyle probably wouldn’t take Darcy’s classes as he’s a Muggleborn, but currently he’s looking for a VIC player or something similar that would work in Hogwarts. Perhaps he would seek out Darcy for help?

As for Malachi, he runs a hybrid café/bar called the Curious Chimaera, at the junction of Horizont and Knockturn Alleys. Maybe Darcy might have dropped by at his establishment before? Also, he’s an information broker, and while he primarily deals in information pertaining to the magical world, perhaps he might have done some sleuthing around for Darcy if she used to do investigative journalism and needed some help from Mal to gather information?
Rika

Post by Rika »

Nigel Dextera wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:26 am I’ve got a couple of ideas for some of my characters:
As I said over on Discord it has been a long time since I had been on a HP forum/site with RP. I like these ideas, and think either of these would work. Making up my mind on one only is a tough one here, but I'd have to say the plot/RP with Nigel seems quite interesting.

As far as word counts and such I don't tend to go super hard on post lengths. Paragraph, semi-paragraph, or whatever is alright by me. I can work with whatever, honestly. We can start with this whenever you are able to. I could perhaps consider doing a starter post once I think of a decent one?
Timezone: CST/CDT
Jae

Post by Jae »

Aye. I'll see what I can come up with for Darcy and Nigel too, but feel free to start a thread whenever you're ready :D

Return to “Shippers/Plotters”