Integra Sigma
Arithmancy
Arithmancy
Player: Jae

Integra Sigma

Post by Integra Sigma »

The Salisbury Fools
Plotting: Members of the Salisbury Fools, or political allies and opponents
The Salisbury Fools were a group of young and idealistic Ministry officials who, following the Global Wizarding War, promised do whatever they could to maintain the peace and stability in the wizarding world and prevent another war from ever breaking out. Their actions were seen as heavy-handed by some, but they believed that such unpopular policies were a necessary evil that they were willing to commit in the name of the greater good. Along the way they added more and more like-minded officials to their ranks, but at the same time those who opposed them grew in numbers as well. Today Integra is one of the last few original members of the Salisbury Fools, and the group has largely faded into obscurity… or has it?

A teacher for a day is a mentor for life
Plotting: Students (both past and present)
Having spent almost thirty years as a professor, Integra has taught numerous students, and many of her past students have even become her colleagues at the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Extremely strict and demanding, her name is more than sufficient to strike fear in the hearts of her students and ex-students. What lessons does she have in store for them?

Reflections over a spot of tea
Plotting: Close friends
Many of Integra’s old friends are no longer around, and her intimidating demeanour makes it difficult for others – who are often her juniors or subordinates at work – to get close to her. Still, she has a few confidants with whom she feels comfortable enough to candidly share her thoughts and worries and regrets. Open to discussions!

Education and Employment Timeline:
  • Student at Hogwarts: 1929–1936 (Integra attended Hogwarts at the age of fourteen)
  • Researcher at the Ministry of Magic: 1936–1939
  • Cryptologist at the Government Code and Cypher School: 1939–1945
  • Researcher and Official at the Ministry of Magic: 1945–1959
  • Deputy Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic at the Ministry of Magic: 1959–1968
  • Arithmancy Professor at Hogwarts: 1968–1989
  • Head of the Department of Magical Education at the Ministry of Magic: 1989–1999
  • Arithmancy Professor at Hogwarts: 1999–Present
  • Member of the Wizengamot: 1992–Present
Other Significant Events:
  • 1925: Integra and her brother were adopted by Yvette Sigma, an arithmancer and a childless widow.
  • 1947: A group of like-minded Ministry officials, including Integra, formed the Salisbury Fools, and began to gather allies and push for positive change within the Ministry.
  • 1971: Integra joined the first Order of the Phoenix.
  • 1981: Integra’s husband, Norman, was seriously injured in the fight against the Dark Lord, and became a permanent resident at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries until he passed away in 1996.
  • 1998: Integra participated in the Battle of Hogwarts.
  • 1999: Integra pushed for Hogwarts to be reopened with tightened security, her final act as the Head of the Department of Magical Education before she left the Ministry and returned to Hogwarts as a professor.
do not go gentle into that good night
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

I think Integra and Vera may have had some overlapping time at the Ministry; they could have potentially run into each other, and I feel like Integra is someone Vera would look up to. I’m not sure if they’d be friends, but it could be interesting to throw them together, or even give them some backstory if you’re open to it!
Jae

Post by Jae »

Vera and Integra would definitely have met each other. Integra is a Wizengamot member, so perhaps they might have worked together in the past too?

Apart from the Wizengamot, Integra and Vera would probably have be in different departments within the Ministry of Magic (Integra was heading the Department of Magical Education from the late 1980s until Hogwarts reopened in 1999), but they might still have crossed paths before. Integra has friends in various parts of the Ministry, so I feel that Integra would have probably heard of the promising young lady, and maybe help her out in her career?
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Oh that would make sense, working for a member of the Wizengamot was Vera's big break moment for her Ministry career, so they'd definitely have crossed paths there! If Integra had helped Vera rise up the ladder, I can see her being someone Vera would be more open with, since her career has been the most important thing to her up until now. She's still not quite at home in the education world, so maybe she seeks some advice from Integra?
Jae

Post by Jae »

I can see Vera being someone whom Integra is more comfortable with as well. As fellow colleagues at the Wizengamot, Integra wouldn't have terrorised her like some of her former students (Nigel is still somewhat afraid of her, for instance).

Considering how they've worked together in the past, Integra would be more than happy to guide Vera along in her new career as a professor. I can't help but realise that, out of all the professors we have currently, Vera and Integra are likely the two strictest professors at Hogwarts. I can imagine what kind of advice Integra would give Vera, and honestly it's making me worry very, very much for the poor students. In real life I've had the honour of being taught by one of the most frighteningly capable teachers in my school and her protégé, and while I am immensely grateful for the experience I am even more happy that it's over and I'll never need to go through that again. (I'm happy to share more about that if anyone is interested in that little story.)
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Ha, I have also been taught by an incredibly strict teacher but man, I still use EVERYTHING she taught me! Sometimes a stickler for precision is good for you...I think Vera and Integra probably think the same way on that! Vera'd likely want to know how exactly to get the kids up to her standards, since she's new to teaching, so I think they could have a good conversation about that! Maybe to the students' chagrin. :)

Return to “Adults”