Play Ball... [Closed]

Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer
Player: Grim

Play Ball... [Closed]

Post by Tatiana Beautero »

’The more things change, the more they stay the same.’

The words had never felt truer as Tati wandered down the halls of Hogwarts only noticing the subtle differences now after so many years. They didn’t look quite so large anymore even if she hadn’t grown all that much and it didn’t feel quite so imposing despite her last memories in most of them but that was probably due more to TJ walking heeled tight to her right leg. She had zero doubts he could feel the tension in her like it was his own, there was a very good reason she’d gone through all the trouble of getting him trained.

Once she’d made the decision to come back she knew her anxiety would increase ten-fold, she’d have been unable to function at all until she’d heard about service dog training and how well Thomas J’s breed tended to do with it. When that square head bumped her thigh she glanced down knowing she’d been stopped for just a bit too long, “I’m okay buddy, come on. Let’s get outside for your playtime.” She didn’t have to see to know that had his whole backend wiggling with excitement, thankfully or sadly she didn’t have to deal with the whip tail they were notorious for. Before she’d adopted him he’d lost half his tail to an infection his previous owner had neglected to properly treat but thankfully they’d left his ears alone unlike most of his breed.

Even without his service dog harness and vest most tended to give him a wide berth but Tati kind of hoped to change that view of him by bringing him out more when he was off the clock so to speak. It wasn’t as if she needed him all the time but when she was on duty so was he because the last thing she needed was her anxiety getting the best of her while she was trying to help an injured or sick patient. Tati could have made her way to the lawns blindfolded which was equal parts nostalgic and a little stab to the heart as well, all the days she’d spent sitting and studying one subject or another while simultaneously supporting...

She stopped herself at that line of thought, “Gotta stop doing that.” TJ bumped her leg again and she glanced down at him, meeting those big dark eyes before he huffed at her excitedly. ”Right, okay.” Reaching down she unhooked his harness and set it on the grass beside where she planned to settle down. Once she got seated she wasn’t at all surprised to find herself nearly nose to nose with him and she tried her best to look serious, ”What?’

He whined, stomping his feet, backing up some before he practically pranced back up and snorted at her shaking his head. Tati laughed reaching into the pocket of her robe and pretended to really have to search for something, ”Now I could have sworn…” She played it up for a few minutes all the while TJ whine, stomped, pranced and just was generally his playful overdramatic self before she finally pulled a very well worn oversize ball from her robe pocket. ”Ah ha! Here it is! Read…”

Tati didn’t even get the words out of her mouth before he backed off about five feet and immediately sat down on his hindquarters, eyes locked on the ball in her hand. It didn’t matter which direction her hand moved, his eyes never left that ball causing her to smile, “Ready…Set…Go!” Throwing the ball as hard as she could, which admittedly wasn’t very hard, sure she could have used magic but it defeated the purpose of this just being them on their own merits more or less. Tati watched it go sailing across the lawn and he went bolting off after it half stub of a tail going a hundred miles an hour in excitement.

As soon as he had he turned and began his triumphant happy job back looking for all the world like he was sporting the biggest grin around the ball in his mouth before he dropped the slobbery thing at her feet.”You are ridiculous, but I love you.” It didn’t bother her though and she picked it up, waiting for him to resume the ready position before she would do it all over again. It wasn’t much she knew but they both enjoyed it and it gave him some exercise, plus he always just looked so happy.
“It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian
Player: Nova

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek was making his way across the lawns, having gone for a bit of a walk, not one to stay cooped up inside too long. That being said, being the librarian, he made sure he wasn't away too long so students wouldn't need to be delayed by him being a wanderer. He looked over seeing the dash of fur out of the corner of his eye and smirked a bit seeing the dog chasing the ball. He did find himself surprised to see the breed here, having seen plenty of them in his travels through the States. He looked over toward the owner throwing the ball and spotted the young healer. He then spotted the harness and things made a bit more sense. He made his way a bit closer to them but didn't come all the way over, not wanting to make her uncomfortable or the dog wary- nothing to do with the breed outright, just not wanting to make a dog think he was advancing on his owner. Dog bites of any breed were no joke, "Good day," he called out, giving a wave, "You have a beautiful dog," he smiled lightly, "Seems like he's a model of the breed's better qualities," he said, nodding towards TJ. His American accent, slightly southern in nature, would be hard to miss. He was wearing his usual button-up though without his jacket, and his sleeves were rolled up because he'd been out and about. He hoped he didn't startle her, he couldn't possibly guess what service it was that the dog had been trained for, but he figured making a bit of small talk wouldn't be harmful, right? Perhaps a bit of good for them both.
Every book has a story to tell, and it's our job to uncover its secrets.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

Tati hadn’t missed the figure approaching in the distance, neither had TJ but the man didn’t seem to be in a hurry and so the pair paid him very little mind continuing their game. Glancing up at his words she smiled politely, “Thank you, TJ has worked very hard to be a shining example of his breed when worked with properly.” The accent wasn’t missed hardly her head tilted thoughtfully glancing up at him as he seemed to slow his approach, whether out of caution towards TJ or herself she wasn’t sure but she appreciated the gesture.

When TJ returned with the ball she held it for a moment before motioning towards the man, “Well go introduce yourself. You always want to make new friends.” After a moment the big brindle wandered over slowly, tail wagging the whole way before he sat at Derek’s feet calmly. Tati wasn’t concerned in the slightest, TJ knew precisely how to behave with others despite appearances he was the biggest baby and people pleaser she’d ever met. Watching as the big brindle sat nearly grinning at the man’s feet she shook her head, “I swear he’s human sometimes.”

Setting the tennis ball on the grass to dry a bit she knew TJ would want to get a few pets from his new friend before he even thought about the ball again. Glancing at the man briefly she knew his face looked familiar so she had to have seen him around the school, “I’ll have to ask you to forgive me if I do not quite recall your name, I know I should be aware of all the staff but… I am still learning.” It didn’t help when it came to people she had the memory of a goldfish anymore it seemed. Once TJ seemed to get the attention he wanted he immediately bee lined back over to her, huffing and tippy tapping next to her.

“Ah I exist again…” Picking up the ball she noticed how he immediately sat and snorted, “... or rather you're ready for this again huh?" When he snorted and shook his head she laughed and threw it again. Watching as he took off after it again she shifted her attention back to him, “I wouldn’t go far, you’ll be next in line now that you decided to join us.” Adjusting TJ's harness in her lap she doubted he would need it back anytime soon, but eventually a break for some water would be required.
“It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.”
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

"Well hello there, handsome boy," Derek chuckled as TJ came over to him. He knelt down and gently pet the dog, scratching him by the ears, for the moments he stayed there, standing upright again once the dog returned to her, "It's alright, with new faces all the time, I struggle to remember everyone myself," he chuckled a little, "Derek Cross, I'm holed up in the library usually," he said, nodding towards the building.

He smiled watching the dog take off after the ball, "Oh it's no problem, I certainly don't mind the excuse to stay outside. I think I've charmed the library well enough to not worry about it in my absence," he chuckled again, shaking his head, "Though if my daughter catches me, she'll definitely use this as ammunition to convince me to get one for us," he smirked, rubbing the back of his neck, "Though her mom had had a Cane Corso, she just loves the bully breeds," he snorted before rolling his sleeves up a bit more firmly before coming out into the grass area now that it was a bit more established he was a friend.

"I think I know your name, but I want to make sure I say it right, do you mind indulging me?" Derek mused as he drew a bit closer, but still keep some respectful distance. He didn't want to invade personal space and he didn't want to make her uncomfortable considering he was a guy for one but he wasn't aware of the effect his physical stature had one some people.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

She chuckled when he mentioned his daughter and wanting one, “Well there are worse things of course, though not sure Hogwarts could handle two of them here at once.” It was said mostly in jest obviously, surely with a school the size it was it could easily accommodate such but it was more the mindset she was concerned about. Most still tended to give TJ a wide berth in the halls even with his harness that clearly indicated he was a service dog, thus harmless to a ridiculous degree. His mention of a Cane Corso brought a brow to raise and she blinked, “Now that is an impressive breed, very good guard dogs, wickedly smart too I’ve heard.”

As if on cue TJ returned bringing the ball to him instead of her and she chuckled, “Maybe more so than present company but given what I know of him personally I doubt it.” While she was almost certain the ball was going to be a slobbery mess she hoped it wasn’t so terrible that it was unpleasant as the big bully patiently waited for Derek to take it from him so it could be thrown again. At his question she blinked, “Oh of course! My apologies. Tatiana Beautero… but you are welcome to call me Tati for short, most do.” There were only two other nicknames she had, Alex which her mother had called her when she was being particularly difficult and of course Bishop’s nickname for her.

That one she’d never let another soul call her back then and still to this day, she never bothered to explain why just made it perfectly clear it wasn’t an acceptable nickname at all. “I am correct that you are Mr Cross? Derek, I believe I read?” Tati sort of glanced off having at least the good sense to look a little ashamed of herself, “While I am not terribly social with the staff… I do try to keep apprised of who is who even if I do not know faces immediately.” It had just become a habit for her in the last few years, she didn’t get terribly close with anyone but she knew those she was to work with at least enough to identify them when necessary.

The fact that he seemed aware enough to keep a comfortable distance was probably the only reason TJ felt like it was safe to continue playing at all. Tati surprisingly was thankful for that herself, she wanted him to have his downtime but also be able to socialize a little herself without feeling as though she needed several days to recover from too much peopling. “Is your daughter a student here?” It was a genuinely curious question as she shifted her attention back to him absently consistently keeping both him and TJ as much within her field of view as possible.
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek chuckled as TJ brought him the ball and bent to take it, not seeming to mind the slobber. He nodded to her saying his name, "That is indeed me," he said, before tossing the slobbery ball back and forth between his hands for a moment, building up the anticipation for TJ before giving it a good solid toss to give him something to really go for, "I'm not the most social either, I tend to stay either in the library or out here somewhere," he chuckled, motioning around them.

He nodded to her question, "Indeed. She's a third-year now, a Hufflepuff. She's made some great friends, much to my relief," he said, looking towards the building, putting his hands on his sides, seeming to forget about the slobber that had been on them before, "I went to Ilvermorny myself, so I hope she keeps doing well here, I can't help too much with fitting in with a crowd I didn't grow up with myself," he chuckled a little again.

"I tell you what though, I find myself with almost as much curiosity to explore this old place as the students do. I studied places like this all over the world before I ended up coming here, and I just want to know all the secrets," he mused, before chuckling again and shaking his head, "But I'll behave myself, I'll be a model of good behavior for the young tykes," he said, dramatically distraught.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

Nodding absently she was glad she’d been correct in what she’d thought his name was, at least she hadn’t messed up there and embarrassed herself. His confession of not being terribly social either was a bit of a relief, so many in the village proper almost seemed to take her lack of socialization as a personal insult. They couldn’t understand how or why a pretty young single woman wouldn’t be a social butterfly and Tati didn’t have the crayons to explain it to them. “I actually quite liked the library when I was a student here, it was easy to find a spot to get lost in for hours.”

It had been one of her favorite places aside from of course her quarters now and working space, the class rooms where she’d learned were nice but it wasn’t the same. Watching as he threw the ball she smiled absently knowing full well TJ would appreciate the distance far more than what she could throw for him. Listening as he answered she nodded, “Ah now it makes sense…’ she motioned absently towards him with a little faint smile. “The accent or rather lack of one..”

She hadn’t been wrong there either, at least her lack of socialization wasn’t robbing her entirely of her people reading skills. Watching as TJ finally began to return with the ball Tati was quite sure she’d never seen the pitty never look so pleased with himself as he trotted back towards them. “Sounds like she’s doing just fine, children are… resilient.” She hated saying it but it was more or less true to a point. It was only when that was pushed too far that she knew personally what could and would go wrong.

When TJ dropped the ball next to her she giggled some, “Water first..” Reaching into the little satchel she’d brought with them she pulled out the travel bowl and water she’d brought for him, filling up the bowl and setting it down beside her. The dog waiting patiently for her hand to fully draw back before he began to drink from it and she gave him a pat as he did. Her gaze shifted back to him when he mentioned his desire to explore, “You don’t have to behave necessarily, I’d warn to be careful or at least find someone who knows their way around to accompany you in that endeavor.”

Her attention barely shifted back towards the massive school before she shook her head some, “There are a lot of secrets not just in the school but the grounds as well, some are safer to explore than others.” When the bowl was empty she didn’t need to look, TJ let her know with a slobbery lick to her cheek and she laughed cringing away. “Thanks, I assume your ready for more playing now?” Putting the bowl and water away she wasn’t at all surprised when he was already backed off and waiting for her to throw it.

Tati tossed the ball with as much strength as she could muster before she glanced back over towards him, “You’ve got the library as a resource, out of everyone you could find out about the most secrets easily.” She wasn’t going to dissuade him, curiosity was healthy even for wizards but cautioning him to be safe was smart she felt. Though she doubted he needed it, he was a father after all; obviously he had a good enough head on his shoulders. It surprised her none when TJ returned quickly and waited at his feet for him to take the ball again, “I think he’s preferring your throws to mine.” She wasn’t offended, hardly she recognized she just didn’t possess the strength to throw it quite as far as he did.
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek nodded in understanding the draw of the library, "I enjoy the research," he said, "To dig deep into old texts and draw out what the past is trying to tell us," he murmured, smirking and shaking his head, "Sorry, getting off topic. And yes, I grew up in a rural place, but tried not to let my accent be the first impression people had of me," he chuckled.

When she mentioned that he have someone around when he explored he nodded his head, side to side. She was right, of course. He'd gotten himself in precarious situations before and if it wasn't for his magic, he'd have probably not survived some of them. He watched as she threw the ball, smirking as the dog took off after it, and then chuckled at her mentioning that, "Oh I know all the ones that were written down," he said, "I almost locked myself in the library for a month when we got here as I wanted to learn everything that we have so I can guide people to the right resources," he said before TJ brought him the ball, "Ah taking advantage of the current company, eh?" he smirked at him, patting the top of his head before picking up the ball. He gave him the chance to take his ready posture before throwing the ball again, seeing if he could get it a bit further, "Seems dabbling in American football and baseball paid off after all," he chuckled again.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

The comment wasn’t lost on her and Tati head tilted some before he apologized and she smiled faintly, “No need to apologize. I understand completely, I was a lot like you when I first came here.” When he continued explaining how he’d found nearly all the ones that were written down she shook her head some in an amused manner, “Granted I was eleven then.” He reminded her of herself, well as she might have been if things had been different.

While she’d always been a healer, it was the research that she’d loved which meant hours among the books, plants and other tools of her trade. Watching the ball go flying she chuckled, ”Of course he is, I’d have to use magic to throw as far as you do and I try not to do that during our down time if I can help it.” While she knew it wasn’t a finite resource or anything, Tati preferred to save her magic for more useful things than mundane tasks, mostly doing her job or travel when required.

She didn’t miss the sports he’d mentioned and her gaze briefly shifted to the quidditch field before TJ was back with the ball, dropping it in her hand when she held it out. Throwing it for him once he waited patiently she reminded herself of where her thoughts had gone in a sense, ”What’s it’s like, America I mean? I’ve never been.” While Tati could absolutely have afforded to go, she didn’t like using any of the money that she might use for that.

Granted it was easier for them to visit there than muggles, but money would still be required and Tati wasn’t touching any of what she had. All of it save for her paycheck from the school was earmarked already for the sole purposes she’d only felt were the right thing to use it for.
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek flushed a bit as she pointed out that he seemed to remind her of her 11-year-old self. He cleared his throat before watching her throat the ball again. He looked at her as she asked the question, "I mean, it's a pretty diverse place, considering its history," he said, "All kinds of different cultures and histories and magics, it's riveting. Even non-magical ruins date back long before any European found the shores," he said, crossing his arms as he thought, "And the modern culture is thriving, expanding, pushing the limits of what they can and can't do, but that's human nature, isn't it?" he smirked at the thought as he looked back at her.

"I will say, what's really interesting is actually up in Alaska and in Russia, around where they believe the lands used to be connected. The things I've found around there," he gave a whistle, "The older the civilization you can find proof of, the more exciting it feels when things start to make sense."

Realizing he was trailing off again, he cleared his throat, "Though I suppose that depends entirely on your opinion is on exciting huh?"
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

Listening as he described what America was like at least to him she looked thoughtful as he spoke, “Sounds like an interesting place.” From what she’d read and heard it was but Tati doubted she’d ever get there herself. Still she would learn about it in what ways she could for now and that could be enough. When he mentioned where the lands used to be connected she looked thoughtful, “I’ve heard about the landbridge sites. A few of the healers at St Mungo’s said they’d found some curious plant life there.”

It had gotten her attention for her own personal research but thus far she hadn’t heard about anything that would help. She smiled absently when TJ returned with the ball and waited for him to throw it for him again, “ I hadn’t considered there might still be structures remaining or such things though, curious.” Of course she hadn’t asked them either, her sole focus had been on any potential new herbs to use for healing or in her case curing the incurable.

Even if she knew it was unlikely Tati wasn’t going to stop searching, heck even if… even if Bishop was dead already she would still keep the promise she made to herself and find a cure. It was the very least she could do after all. TJ looked to be wearing down. She could tell by how patiently he waited for each throw and she knew soon enough he’d be ready to head back to their quarters for a nap. ”He’ll sleep like a log after this but it’s good for him.”
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek bent down and picked the ball back up, "There really were some interesting plants there too, but herbology was never my strong suit," he smirked a little, rueful to an extent as he remembered something of a bygone time. He threw the ball again for TJ, quiet for a moment as he thought.

"If you're ever interested, I have pictures from some places I've been, and I'm sure Elena has some from her mom's journies too, she tended to go through Central and South America more than I did, I was never good at learning other languages, learning the words for spells took ages," he said, realizing he was going on on and on for a moment and stopped, looking back towards TJ, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Maybe I can work on that so I can read even older texts," he mused, "Give myself a goal so I don't just read all the books in the library and never come out," he chuckled a bit, shaking his head, "Glad I could help wear him down some," he smirked, "Hopefully not too much, since he's a working fella," he added, nodding to where the harness had been in the grass.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

She made a note to inquire if there was any new research from the hospital when he said there were interesting plants there. Tati had heard about some, but she hadn’t checked back in quite some time after the lack of progress previously. When he mentioned pictures she glanced at him and gave a little nod, “I”ll try to keep that in mind.” His mention of learning another language for spells made a brow lift, she could only imagine how difficult that had to be.

Learning them in english had been hard enough as a child, she couldn’t imagine trying to learn them in a different language as an adult. Shaking her head, she chuckled when he mentioned doing so just to be able to read older texts, “Now you really do sound like me as a child and I do not mean that as an insult… it’s… nostalgic.” Recalling that small enthusiastic child who’d thought the world of the school, the professors and of course imagined just what all she could accomplish there.

It broke her when he mentioned reading out all the books in the library and she giggled despite herself, ”I tried it.. But the restricted section was still off limits back then.” TJ returned with the ball and dropped it next to her sitting down and she took that as a clue that he was done with fetch. Putting the ball away she glanced over when Derek pointed out the harness and she sobered some, “He’ll be alright he just takes care of me and with most of the kids busy I doubt my skills will be needed so he can take a break.” Petting on TJ he was still smiling and panting happily, she went about fixing him some more water in the bowl.

Letting him drink she sighed softly before she glanced at him and gave a little shrug of her shoulders, ”I want to be here and help but it isn’t easy after having been a student during… well the start of the war.” When TJ finished his water and laid down next to her leg, stretching out and resting his head on her thigh; she knew he could feel even the little spike of her anxiety. Patting him she put the bowl away after shaking out the little bit of remaining water before looking thoughtful, ”A lot of people… suffered and lost a lot. I’m no exception… and it sort of tainted my last years at this place but TJ helps keep the anxiety at bay so when I’m needed I can do what I do best, for the children.”

Tati wasn’t at all ashamed of her condition, hardly she understood it better than most did. And she knew sometimes it helped the students who might feel they have the same to know an adult could also deal with it as well. “Plus his bedside manner does wonders even for the grumpiest patients.”
Derek Cross
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Derek Cross »

Derek saw the reaction to his comment and made a mental note of it. He nodded, having heard about how bad it had been here. He hadn't had as much of the spillover where he'd been then, but it was still... concerning. He nodded as she talked about how people suffered, looking down for a moment, then smirked a little as she mentioned TJ's beside manner, "Oh I can imagine," he said, "He's such a well-behaved pup," he chuckled a little.

"Well. I won't keep you. I should probably get back to the library. The charms are meant to keep them from going where they're not supposed to and to keep them from taking books out while I'm not around, but someone might need my assistance, and I can't imagine you want to stand out here talking to an old man like me much longer," he smirked, "Well if you need anything, even if its someone to just come to wear this handsome boy out with fetch, just let me know," he said, starting to turn to head back.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

Tati was kind of surprised at how easily he took her comment, the fact he didn’t push or ask questions was almost refreshing. It was part of why she didn’t talk much to anyone, she didn’t want to be quizzed about what it had been like to actually attend Hogwarts during that tumultuous time period. Giving him a nod she actually gave a sincere smile, “Thank you. I appreciate the offer and I may take you up on that if only to give him some real exercise for once.”

Picking up TJ’s harness she didn’t need to say anything as the pitty immediately sat up and waited for her to put it back on him. ”Perhaps next time we’ll try the frisbee in that case, no matter how hard I try I haven’t gotten much better at throwing that one for him.” TJ whined at the mention of it and she patted him before pressing a kiss to the top of his head and laying her forehead against his in a slightly self-soothing gesture. Taking a few moment so just let herself breath and sort of let the tension which had built from just the mention of the war leave her, Tati finally raised her head up again.

Giving the dog a little smile she gathered up the rest of their belongings back into her satchel she’d carried, “Suppose you’re ready to go back and nap now, huh?” TJ snorted and huffed almost nodding as she climbed to her feet and he stepped up beside her waiting for her to take hold of the leash attached to his harness. Reaching down and grabbing the leash she wasn’t the least bit surprised that the instant she took a first step he was right there with her, ”That’s what I thought.” At least they’d gotten to enjoy some time outside today, he’d gotten some exercise and she’d been social to a point.
Bishop Santos
Alchemy
Alchemy

Post by Bishop Santos »

It had been what felt like ages since he'd been in these halls. He looked around as he walked, smirking at the same old paintings that had been present whenever he had been around initially. He looked down and smiled at some of the students as they passed, though many gave him a somewhat confused look. He didn't have a chance just yet to learn who all else was on staff just yet, so he didn't know who to expect to see through the halls. He saw the librarian pass, the two men giving each other a wave of acknowledgment.

He walled for a bit longer before he walked up toward the entrance, about to head outside himself for a little bit. As he neared the door though, he'd stop. The first thing he'd noticed was the dog and then his eyes went up towards the owner, about to comment, but stopped as he saw who it was. His face went slack and his body went almost numb.

"Beau," he said as if it were a breath, his arms going down by his side for a moment before he shook his head. There were quite a few emotions that went through his mind at the moment, "I... I didn't realize you were here," he said, dumbly, shaking his head, "Um..." he stuttered, rubbing the back of his head, trying to think of what to say, "Um.... Hi, Beau," he muttered then winced a little feeling even more dumb for that, "Sorry..."
Adversity does not define us; it refines us. Embrace the challenges, harness your resilience, and let your journey be a testament to the strength of your spirit.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

Her focus was on her steps and on TJ, not really where she was going. Tati hardly needed to glance up here, she knew these corridors and halls like the back of her hand much to her dismay. The memories varied from happy to bittersweet with only a few truly upsetting ones thanks to how quickly her parents had acted in removing her once things had begun to go south.

”Beau,”

The nickname stopped her dead in her tracks more than anything, No one called her that; no one except…

”I… I didn’t realize you were here,”

TJ had gone stock still at her side but his tail wasn’t wagging like it normally did when meeting someone new. He was tense but he hadn’t taken a step further and she lifted her head up. It seemed her gaze had to move up for quite a while before it finally came to rest on a face she would have known anywhere yet hadn’t seen in longer than she wanted to recall. Swallowing hard she unconsciously licked her lips that had come bone dry almost instantly, “...Bishop…”

The way the word came out was almost as if she hadn’t spoken it aloud in so long it was like she was learning to say it again for the first time and yet there was still a depth to it. Blinking once then twice she realized this wasn’t some figment of her imagination and she shook her head just a little before TJ bumped his head against her leg. Breaking her gaze from him she patted the big pity he was alerting her to her elevated heart rate but he wasn’t super concerned yet. Forcing her attention back to him she recalled his words, “I’m here… well because of you actually.. I was trying to… make amends however I could and I knew here I could try to do some good.”

Even if being here sent her anxiety through the roof obviously by the service dog not so subtly becoming more invested in bumping his nose against her thigh. Forcing out a breath she sighed heavily shifting her gaze back down to the dog as she placed her hand on his head, "It’s okay, TJ. I’m okay… I just… need a minute.” Focusing her attention back on him she motioned with her head, “Bishop, this is Thomas J… TJ. And TJ.. this is Bishop. He’s… a friend.”

Despite what she was sure his senses were telling him, she’d never considered what it must have been like for an animal to be around a werewolf. He had to still be cursed; there was no cure, even despite her best efforts. ”What… are you doing here?”
Bishop Santos
Alchemy
Alchemy

Post by Bishop Santos »

Seeing the dog's reaction, Bishop didn't advance. He knew the body language well enough. He watched her body language, wondering how she'd react to seeing him. It hadn't exactly been a cordial parting. And what happened after...He shifted his weight between his feet as he watched her, hearing her say his name again...

When she said she was trying to make amends, his heart ached with guilt. He looked down, taking a deep breath. He needed to apologize, to take that burden off her. He smiled a little at the dog, "Hello, TJ," he murmured before looking up at her again, breathing out, "I, uh. I teach here now," he said, "I just took up the Professor position for Alchemy," he said, nodding in the direction of his classroom, "I found it was a particularly useful field to explore," he murmured before looking back towards her, "I feel like you and I should...talk... but maybe not here," he said, then glanced at the dog, "And maybe not now if I'm stressing you out," he added, looking at her
Adversity does not define us; it refines us. Embrace the challenges, harness your resilience, and let your journey be a testament to the strength of your spirit.
Tatiana Beautero
Healer
Healer

She blinked in surprise, the Alchemy Professor? He’d taken that position. That was right she’d heard someone had been hired but she hadn’t yet checked the name. Tati realized she should have, especially when he mentioned it a useful field to explore, “I imagine it would be.” She almost hated to be reminded that it had to be but it wasn’t as if she’d let herself forget either.

Wasn’t that why she spent most of her free time researching and digging through everything she could find about every kind of healing herb, potion and anything else that might fall under her skills that could fix what had happened? When he mentioned they should talk she blinked, snapping back to herself and nodded before he added on the bit about his presence stressing her out. Scoffing softly she shook her head, “Everything stresses me out anymore, it’s just… I wasn’t expecting to see you that’s all.”

TJ had settled a bit but she was mentally counting like she’d learned to do in order to settle herself and prevent the attacks from coming on when they crept on instead of smacking her like a tidal wave. ”I was… just taking TJ back to my quarters to give him something to eat and let him rest, you… you can come with us if… you want?” She wouldn’t precisely blame him if he said no, but if he didn’t want to talk where the walls most likely had eyes and ears it was the safest option. Tati had always been a stickler for her privacy and that hadn’t changed at all despite everything, in fact she’d probably gotten worse if the negligible list of friends and family was any indication of how intensely private she’d become.

She took the first step and another before TJ began to move with her, keeping himself heeled to her right side tightly. Pausing as she got closer to him than she’d been her gaze lifted slowly to meet his, how long had been since she’d met those dark eyes of his? She found herself wondering if he could see the difference in her own blue eyes now with all the time that had passed. The last one who’d known her before and seen her since had specifically commented not intentionally offensively how hollow they’d seemed and she’d shrugged it off then. “If you don’t… it’s okay. It’s not like I’ll be going anywhere and I’m the healer so you’ll know where to find me.”

It was entirely unconscious and she only just managed to stop herself at the very last second when she realized her left hand had lifted up and meant to come to rest on his upper arm. The movement halted instantly almost jarringly and she frowned slightly before her expression evened as she drew her hand back towards herself, ”It’s… good to see you Bishop. I’m glad you’re okay.” She’d never known what happened to him and hadn't been able to find hide nor hair of him but she’d sort of trusted that gnawing feeling deep inside that he was still alive.

TJ for his part immediately resumed walking, almost pulling her with him but she went with it, not walking too fast though in case he decided he did want to come along with them. She ignored the feeling that he was trying to get her away from what he felt was a source of stress because he very much was and instead focused on something more positive. ”Well someone can’t seem to wait for food and a nap… for once it isn’t me.”
Bishop Santos
Alchemy
Alchemy

Post by Bishop Santos »

Bishop frowned hearing her say that she was pretty much always stressed out but rubbed the back of his neck as she mentioned going back to her private quarters. He wanted to talk to her about all this to clear the air, to let her know he wanted to take back the words and the blame, the anger he should have never directed at her in the first place. Years of studying and research and work had helped him to find purpose and solace and an output...

He looked at her as she approached, looking into her eyes as she looked into his. He noted the hollowness, but usually, it wasn't something you needed to point out. The people who had it felt it. He noticed her reach for him, but stop, and he didn't make a move to touch her, not when it was clear she was struggling with her own internal battle, "I'm glad to see you too, Beau," he murmured softly.

"I think I'll wait to catch you another time. I don't want to invade your personal space," he murmured as she started to follow the dog, noting his impatience to get away from him, though "invade" almost came out as "infect", "I'll catch you around, and you can let me know when you're up for it," he smiled lightly, "Just...know I'm sorry," he murmured before turning and continuing to make his way outside.

He wanted to tell her all that was on his mind, but not even he had made sense of everything he'd felt over the years. He'd been angry, guilty, depressed, and frustrated... it had taken a long time to reach a point of acceptance and consequently contentment. Knowing how she stood now, he understood the idea of not all scars being visible, though, in their own way, even hers showed themselves.

Return to “Archives”