Cassandra Lockwood
Divination
Divination
Player: StellaAire

Cassandra Lockwood

Post by Cassandra Lockwood »

In Search Of:

Characters

Cassandra's son - After the disappearance of his father just before he was to start Hogwarts, her son swears off magic and estranges himself from her. If his mother possessed any real talent in Seeing, why hadn't she been able to predict this was going to happen and try to stop it? I would like for him to decide to attend Hogwarts after all. I picture him deciding to do this mostly to torment and attempt to discredit his mother with potential to become a very evil wizard if you'd like.

Plots

Innocent Middle-Man - Cassandra is very polite and proper. I could see her getting caught innocently in the middle of something bad, like overhearing a shady deal going on. Her psychic abilities could give her impulses to go places and do things she might not ordinarily do and therefore interrupt these very things. Let me know if your plot is in need of something like this. I'd love to play along.

Taken Advantage Of - With Cassandra's abilities as a Seer, people with nefarious intentions could try to use her like a weapon against their enemies. Perhaps attempting to blackmail her or threaten her to gain privileged information over their foes. I see lots of potential here.
Jae

Post by Jae »

Although Nigel is a Transfiguration professor, his other area of expertise is time magic, which is somewhat related to prophecies. As a former Unspeakable in the Time Room, Nigel would have had access to privileged information. It is rumoured that he came across something that convinced him to leave the Ministry, and he might be plotting something (or trying to stop something from happening). Either way, perhaps Cassandra could learn about Nigel’s plans through her gift? Alternatively, on a lighter note, Nigel sometimes bends the rules a little even though he's a professor; he has a motorcycle which is definitely not enchanted, plus a clip-on broom compass that renders the broom and its rider invisible (and said compass works on more than just brooms). Maybe Cassandra could end up learning about Nigel’s silly shenanigans?

Another character that I have who deals in secrets is Malachi, although I believe Cassandra would be more interested in dropping by at his hybrid café/bar than buying or selling information. I suspect Malachi would have flunked his Divination class back when he was a student, since his natural Legilimency means that it’s very difficult for him to clear his mind. Maybe he could ask her about tasseography?

As for Kyle, he could be one of the students in Cassandra’s class. Unfortunately he’s angsty and impatient and has quite a bit of unresolved issues, so he probably won’t be too good at clearing his mind. He’d need quite a bit of help from Cassandra to get a decent grade.
Cassandra Lockwood
Divination
Divination
Player: StellaAire

Post by Cassandra Lockwood »

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Yes! Cassandra would be a great candidate for helping reveal Nigel's secret when you're ready. We could stage it out so pieces are revealed at a time. Since they're both at Hogwarts there would be ample opportunity for Cassie to accidentally walk in on something or see something which sparks her curiosity, and then she'd be onto him.

She would love to come by Malachi's cafe/bar. It's not in an area she'd normally frequent, but I already have an idea of how to work around that. Tasseography would be a fun bar trick for him to learn, and could prove useful as well. Cassie is definitely the kind of person that would teach a stranger just because, and she can put most people at ease.

Haha! Kyle is welcome to join Divination, angst and all, if you're interested, but I wont take offense if its not his thing.

Return to “Shippers/Plotters”