Fall is in the Air [Reserved for Nova] [Closed]

Nautica Anderson
6th Year
6th Year
Player: Nova

Post by Nautica Anderson »

When he'd asked if she thought he was careless, she gave him a disparaging look but continued on, "Merlin's beard, Lestrange," she groaned at him making comments at her height, "I'll show you the bite's as bad as the bark if you don't shut up," she growled out, squinting at him.

"How bad could it be?" Nautica scoffed, "Are you just trying to jinx breathing that sentiment into the world? I don't know if you realized, but those things are not trying to play nice. You want someone's blood on your conscious because your reflection hurt them?" Nautica looked at him, arching a brow.

"As long as I don't move too fast I'll be fine. My head is spinning is all. And the 7th-year Hufflepuff, Harte, she's into fashion stuff and making clothes," Nautica muttered to his questions. However, as they got closer to the door they'd exited, she stopped, squinting, "Did...Did we leave that open?" she glanced at him. She moved closer slowly but then groaned as she saw who was waiting inside the door.

"Ah, finally decided to come back did we?" Rhysln's voice was cool and flat, indicating her disapproval of their actions, "And worse for the wear, I see," she shrugged off the wall and moved to take the two of them in more fully, "Do we want to be honest with me about what happened or do I need to employ other means?" she raised a brow.
"Are you seriously threatening me, Rhys?" Nautica scoffed.
"It's because it's you I'm threatening," Rhysln gave a tight smile, "Being honest with me isn't your usual style, so I thought I'd nip the idea in the bud."
Nautica looked at Laguna, raising a brow as if to say 'Well?', wondering how he wanted to respond to the question if they weren't going to tell her about the reflections.
I'm determined to forge my own path and prove my worth. Don't underestimate my ambition and resilience.
Laguna Lestrange
6th Year | Seeker | Captain
Player: Laggylestrange

Post by Laguna Lestrange »

"Don't threaten me with a fun time," he seemed, even more amused the more this went on. Should he be nice right now? Probably, but that just wasn't typical behavior for them and besides that he enjoyed the taunting as much as he'd swear he didn't. However, the next bit of the conversation called for a more serious nature and so he decided that he would stop playing around so much. As bad as this was, it was thrilling all the same. He glanced over toward her and looked her over. She didn't look to think it was as thrilling as he did. Fair enough. She was hit with something that he had no idea what it could have been. He also didn't fully know the seriousness of what happened to him beyond the tiny cuts that were still lightly bleeding. For these reasons, he could at least give some serious feedback.

His thoughts began to consider what she asked. "Well...no I don't want my reflection to go around terrorizing the school if that's what you're asking." There was a moment of silence then he decided they'd already fought off evil versions of their selves, so he might as well speak openly with her. "But you can't tell me it's not at least intriguing to think that this is an opportunity for us to put all of the concepts and skills we've been practicing into action. I mean---you'd be getting better hands-on experiences than even your sister!" It was probably true. He was sure that Rhysln hadn't worked her way up to fighting off evil reflections just yet.

As the walked he considered that perhaps Nautica should visit the Hospital Wing. She didn't seem like she was in any sort of condition to be on her own right now. "If you say so." It was all he knew to reply knowing how stubborn Nautica could be. "Huh?" His eyes shot towards the door and he tilted his head. Did they? Maybe. He'd been eager to show her that he was much more brave about this adventure than she was. Then the voice...he recalled the familiar sound of Rhysln Anderson and he sighed, though inside he was quite looking forward to the interaction. Their personalities were very different and he always enjoyed challenging her when given the opportunity.

"Rhysln!" He put on his most charming display as he greeted the auror in training. With a huge, flashy smile, he continued on, "Well we weren't going to stay out in the woods all night, were we? Aw c'mon, don't be mad at her. It's not her fault that you never broke any of the rules to explore the forest and all it has to offer." His eyes seemed to light up with delight as he just couldn't seem to slow his need to add on to what he was saying.

Laguna furrowed his brow and thought about it, his eyes shifting up toward the sky before he suddenly put a finger up to signify his recollection of information. "Ah! That's right, you *were* encouraging us to work on our differences, were you not? And...well..." He motioned to Nautica. "We did! As you can see, we determined that well, I won in our work." He glanced over at Nautica and caught the brow raise, giving just the hint of a confident smile as he turned back to Rhysln. "Don't worry, nothing that she can't handle. And look! We're getting along much better now."

He was still giving a stellar performance, having the perfect mixture of charm, confidence, and for lack of better terminology assholery. Laguna leaned against the wall and waited for her response, rather enjoying himself despite the fact that she could turn them in if she really wanted to.
Rhysln Anderson
Auror-in-Training
Auror-in-Training

Post by Rhysln Anderson »

When Laguna started talking, Nautica couldn't stop herself from putting her hand to her face, pinching the bridge of her nose. Rhysln's expression stayed rather passive as she listened to Laguna spin his tale, slowly raising a brow, "And what "work" is it that has her nearly tipping over and you bleeding exactly?" she asked with an exceptional amount of patience. She crossed her arms, making it clear she was in no hurry to let the two of them walk away until she was more pleased with their response, "Maybe Nautica can contribute to this story unless this is something you're spinning on the spot, I suppose that would make it hard."
"We, uh, saw something that looked sketchy outside and went to go check it out-"
"-As opposed to seeking out someone specifically more equipped to handle that kind of thing, of course-"
"-and well we ended up in the woods-"
"-Naturally-"
"-I could talk so much faster if you stopped interrupting, and it turns out we must have just seen some critter running about, but the woods are dangerous for those critters too, and well, we, uh, had to work together to handle it and get out."
Rhysln took a deep breath as she considered the words, "If only I wasn't exceptionally sure the both of you were lying through your teeth right now."
"You can't prove that we are... because we're not," Nautica said, trying her best to stay still and not sway with the feeling in her head, "Now, I really want to go shower, I've got dirt in places I'd rather it not be-"
"-and blood in your hair. Is that yours?" Rhysln's brows furrowed.
Nautica paled and quickly pulled her hair back, but the quick movement had her unsteady and she caught Lag's arm to balance herself, "No," she managed, "Must've been on the ground and I didn't see it. It is dark after all."
Rhysln considered this as well before looking at Laguna, looking to his face, clearly trying to read him, "And what say you? Is that all there is to it? How exactly did that happen?" She moved his robe to try and look at his side more clearly, her brows furrowing once more. Nautica realized her sister's skepticism was giving way to concern, but she wasn't sure how to communicate to Laguna to try and play on that.
I believe that true strength lies in power, knowledge, and understanding. Together, we can make a difference and bring light to the darkest corners of our society.
Laguna Lestrange

“……” Laguna blinked at Rhysln. “Well ain’t it obvious? We had a due—“ he stopped as Nautica put her hand to her face. He then looked to Rhysln. He was 99% sure he could have smoothed over things with Rhysln if Nautica was better at lying. And then he questioned his own morals considering that he was judging her for wanting to be honest. Maybe he wasn’t so different from his father after all. “I,” he pressed on, “Am certain that Nautica will absolutely love to further explain what happened.” Finger guns? No. Not finger guns.

As Nautica began, Laguna looked over toward her and nodded along with her story, even if it was nothing like the one he had almost started just now. He only interjected when necessary, “I’ll have you know some of us are very equipped for this sort of thing.” He was sure they would probably…maybe…be in the clear. Until Nautica lost her balance. He played along just right though and put an around her to stabilize her. “See? You’ve inspired us. We are now very open to being friends.” He patted her back lightly making sure not to make the situation any worse. Laguna smiled at Rhysln again, his blue eyes shining as he continued this performance.

“That’s exactly how I recall it happening.” When she asked about his side, he blinked and then said the first thing that came to his mind. “Spider.” It was without hesitation. “Got a bit too close to one without realizing it. I’m really lucky that it only got me there. Lucky for me that Nautica was quick to react. Wasn’t my first spider encounter. Certainly won’t be my last.” He smoothly reached out and pulled his robe back over the spot.

“As much as you know I love spending time with you. And Nautica, of course. I’m afraid we really have to be going. There’s an assignment we both have due tomorrow. You understand the importance of our studies, surely.” He knew she understood as she was only a couple of years older and had been a student not long ago at all.

“Besides that, I ought to go and tend to this. Not good to let wounds from spiders linger. Wouldn’t want any infections.” At this point he was fairly sure they were in the clear. They just needed to walk away. Unfortunately for him, if she did allow them by, she’d most certainly see where a shard of the glass was cutting through his pocket.
Rhysln Anderson
Auror-in-Training
Auror-in-Training

Post by Rhysln Anderson »

Rhysln watched him as he answered, not fighting as he pulled the robe back, but she did not his arm going to steady Nautica. She crossed her arms once more before looking between them, "Fine," she muttered before stepping back to let them pass, "Hurry back to your dorms. Lest you have to repeat this whole affair to someone else. Would hate to see how inconsistent this story is when asked again," she shook her head.

Nautica knew that meant she didn't completely believe them, but she didn't have any means to keep asking questions. They'd navigated her initial suspicions anyways, "Thanks," she muttered to her sister before starting up the stairs to get back into the castle proper, leaning on the wall a bit to make it up.

Though when Laguna would make his move to pass, she'd catch the glint of light off the glass sticking out of his pocket, "Lestrange, what do you have in your pocket?" she asked, raising a brow. Nautica stiffened up ahead on the stairs but didn't turn around, knowing she wouldn't be able to school her features. If Rhysln's reflection appeared... She hoped Laguna could come up with another quick lie. Once she was sure she could manage it, she looked back, looking to Laguna, "Looks like it's cutting right out, you're going to cut yourself more if you're not careful with that."
I believe that true strength lies in power, knowledge, and understanding. Together, we can make a difference and bring light to the darkest corners of our society.
Laguna Lestrange

As he began to step by her, he was just on the brink of letting out a breath of relief. Rhysln wasn’t wrong, they should both hurry back as he wasn’t sure either of them was capable of recalling the details they made up on the spot just now. Between the inconsistencies and the state that they were in, the story was bound to sound like nonsense if they had to try and retell it all over again. He wondered if she was only letting them pass because she was more concerned about Nautica than she was about whatever story he was spinning. In the back of his mind, he had a feeling that once he parted ways with Nautica, Rhysln would be following up with a heart to heart with her sister.

He thought they were in the clear until she asked what was in his pocket. Still steadying Nautica, he could feel the shift in her body. There was a pause, hopefully not too long, but still rather impressive given the scenario.

“Hm?” He reached in his pocket and pulled out one of the shards, holding it up to her. “When I fell out in the woods I broke something that my parents sent as a gift.” Whether Rhysln could notice a hint of even her own eye in the small mirror piece, he hadn’t thought about. Nonetheless, he stuffed it back into his pocket, his jaw clenching as he accidentally cut his hand on the glass. A sharp inhale followed in an attempt to remain in control of the situation.

His eyes locked with Rhysln’s, “I will be more careful.” Though he and Nautica both knew if that was the case that they would’ve reported the whole thing in the first place. There was just a tiny little tugging in the back of his brain that said it would be best to just spill everything right there, but that tiny part was being drowned out by irrational thoughts and his own selfishness.
Nautica Anderson
6th Year
6th Year

Post by Nautica Anderson »

Rhysln had, in fact, seen herself in the reflection, "Breaking a mirror's bad luck, Lestrange," she said not looking away from his gaze, her own seeming mild and a bit understanding, "Get that hand wrapped up when you get back to your dorms," she said before turning to the door, closing it and sealing it shut.

Taking it for the dismissal that it was, and trying to contain the gut-sinking feeling she was having about Rhysln haven't realized it was a mirror, Nautica turned and continued up the stairs, "We're in such much shit," she whispered when they were up the stairs a bit, "If a version of her comes out like what we saw of us? Merlin's Beard, Lestrange, what do we do?" she ran a hand over her face, "Never mind for now. We're both tired and you really need to go get yourself bandaged up lest you bleed out," she said. Once they were on the main level, she looked back at him, "Try not to be too reckless, hm?" she murmured before turning and starting towards the Slytherin dorms, leaning on the wall to keep herself steady, her vision starting to normalize.
I'm determined to forge my own path and prove my worth. Don't underestimate my ambition and resilience.
Laguna Lestrange

Laguna noted the shift in Rhysln and, in turn, his approach to her changed with it. "So I've heard." He gave her a look of appreciation and then nodded in her direction. "Don't have to tell me more than once. I'll be getting it cleaned up as soon as I get back." For the time being, he reached down and grabbed part of his shirt which was slightly ripped and ripped it the rest of the way, wrapping it around the bleeding hand. "See? Good enough until we get back." In the spot where he'd ripped the wound he got from the reflection was just slightly noticeable.

With that, he took the opportunity to leave the area with Nautica. "So much shit," he agreed. "On the bright side," he started, "I don't think she can come out with the mirror in shards as it is." A moment of silence indicated that he was actually quite unsure about the dynamics of that. In fact, he now recalled that their reflections had actually come through the portal. Perhaps there must be a reflection seen before they can come through the frame of the portal or whatever the hell it was they came through.

"You're not wrong though, I'm beat." Laguna said with a sigh. "And don't worry, I fully intend on finding someone able to patch me up and make sure there isn't anything deeper going on with the injuries. Have to be in tip top shape for our first match." Quidditch. Of course that was what he was thinking about right now. "Don't worry. I can't promise I won't be reckless at all, but I will keep a lower than normal profile." He glanced over his shoulder, getting a chill as he did so. "If...you..." He tilted his head to the side, "Well if you need anything you know where I'll be." It was a fight to not wrinkle his face up at the sudden change in the dynamic of their friendship?

As she wandered off toward the Slytherin common room part of him was struck with a sudden envy to be heading back to that common room. It was more like home than anything he'd probably find back in his own common room. Odd. He'd never had such thoughts so overwhelmingly prying into his mind before tonight. But, it was time to head back to the Gryffindor common room, and a small sigh escaped as he turned to head down his own pathway back "home".

--End Scene or Transition to another Thread--

Return to “Archives”