Trust and Repercussions [Laguna]

Hogsmeade is only all-wizarding village in Britain, located just north of Hogwarts. Within walking distance from the castle, third-years and above are permitted weekend trips, and staff and Aurors have been known to live in the village when off-duty. In November 2005, the picturesque village was terrorized by a loose Boggart and its resulting fire.
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater
Player: Nova

Trust and Repercussions [Laguna]

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke found himself walking towards Hogsmeade, looking over his shoulder as he went. He'd gotten a letter from Laguna telling him to meet him there, but it was strange really. Why hadn't Lag just said something to him directly? It wasn't like they weren't allowed to go to the village or anything. He frowned a little seeing how somewhat...empty the road was... he turned back to the road in front of him. He put his hands in his pockets and continued forward. It was Lag, so it was either really important or they were about to get into some mischief, either way, he wouldn't leave him unanswered.

As he reached the village, he followed the directions given to him in the note and found himself standing on the river bank behind where the Hogshead used to stand, looking around, "Laguna?" he whisper shouted, squinting to see if he was tucked away somewhere, "What are you up to, Lestrange?" he muttered, looking around again.

Though he stiffened and looked back out towards the water. He felt like he was being... watched. It had his hair standing on end and goosebumps were breaking out across his arms. Something wasn't right..."Laguna?" he called out again.
I'll charm my way into your heart and leave a legacy that won't be forgotten.
Laguna Lestrange
6th Year | Seeker | Captain
Player: Laggylestrange

Post by Laguna Lestrange »

There was an eerie fog that was beginning to settle in as Zeke found himself on a nearly abandoned spot near Hogsmeade. A pair of eyes watched him quietly from a short distance as he called out to Laguna. It was a wonder he'd showed up without any questioning of the strange invitation, but coming from Laguna it wasn't entirely unthought of to receive such a random set of instructions for Zeke to join him on some reckless adventure away from the safe-keeping of the castle. This was different though, as Laguna would have typically revealed himself to Zeke right away, thrilled to share whatever stupid move he was making next.

Zeke stood on the riverbank for a few more quiet moments before Laguna silently joined him on the riverbank. "Hello, Zeke." He said in a low, cold voice. "I'll admit I didn't know if you'd be joining me." Looking closely at Laguna, his skin was a pale color in comparison to his normal look and the bags under his eyes were dark. He looked as if he'd been locked away in some dungeon for an eternity and someone just let him out for the first time in ages. "Did you come alone?"

The blonde was simply staring out over the water now, as if there was something heavy on his mind. He waited for Zeke's reply patiently, though never bothered even a glance in his direction once he'd asked the question.
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke put his hands on his sides when he didn't see his friend at first, the fog starting to really make him consider going back. Something was not right. He was about to leave when he heard Laguna's voice. He turned towards the sound of it and his brows drew down hearing the sound of it.

"Why would I leave you hanging?" Zeke said to the first part but rather than answer the second, "What's going on, Lag? This is a bit of an odd spot and you seem... sick or something, you didn't look like that earlier," he said, taking some steps back and realizing that something was definitely wrong now, "You feeling okay?" he asked, concerned and confused. His hair was standing on end, and his fight or flight was struggling to make a choice, waiting to see what Laguna would do. He had come alone, but he had told others where he was going for the most part, so he wasn't entirely worried about not being found, but he needed to know what was going on...
Laguna Lestrange

Laguna finally turned his body so that he was facing Zeke and stared at him through dull eyes. "You've been so busy oogling over Leiliana Bell lately I wasn't sure you'd even remember the invitation." His eyes turned cold, and his brows furrowed. "Feeling okay? After being abandoned by you...my closest friend at the expense of some...girl?" His form moved toward Zeke, the movements seeming to be off. Laguna was typically a textbook example of a guy who just had a natural charisma about him, yet in this moment he was moving roughly and as if every movement pained him.

"My father was right about your kind." The blonde seemed to be waiting for a reaction, almost as if he was feeding off of the anticipated rise he was going to get out of Zeke.
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke flushed at first at the mention of the girl who caught his eye as of late, but then frowned hearing Lag's words, "Lag, I wouldn't abandon you for anyone, what do you mean? We've been friends long enough that you ought to know that," he said, shaking his head. Something was definitely wrong, "Are you hexed?" he asked, tilting his head, "You never agree with him, so something is clearly wrong," he said, trying to think if he knew any anti-hex charms, "Maybe we ought to go see the healer, you're not yourself, bud," he said, taking a step towards his friend and reaching out a tentative hand like one might a frightened animal.
Laguna Lestrange

“I don’t believe you. Just look at the way you reacted to the mention of her.” He shook his head. “You really think she wants to be with you?” The question was challenging, meant to stir up something in Zeke. Whether Zeke fed into it, well, this Laguna didn’t really know, and so he pressed on. “She deserves more than what you have to offer.”

Laguna moved in toward Zeke, “Hexed? No, I’m not hexed…but you should watch your back before you are.” Zeke, being the friend that he was had extended a hand out which could have very well been the worst option in this particular scenario. The terrifying grin on Lagunas face probably should have been an indication that something was very wrong. But it was too late. The reflection took Zeke’s hand and when it did an excruciating pain shot into his hand spread through his arm like wildfire.

“You should be careful who you befriend.”
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke started to try and explain his reaction, though hearing his words about him not being good enough stung since that was sort of the one thing he was always fighting to be... When Laguna grabbed his hand, Zeke's brows went up, then let out a shout feeling the pain go through his arm, "What the bloody hell, Laguna?!" he said, trying to yank his arm back, "No, I take that back... Who the hell are you?! Even if his worst moods, Laguna's never been cruel," he grit his teeth, drawing his wand as he tried to put a bit of space between him and this shade, "Whoever you are, stop wearing my friend's face or I'm gonna take it off you myself," he threatened him. Pain or not, he wasn't going to let this thing walk around and try and ruin things for his friend. Was this polyjuice potion? But no, that was supposed to make you look exactly like the person when you took the hair from them, so what kind of trick was this?
Laguna Lestrange

The shade simply continued to feed off of Zeke. "You don't know Laguna if you think he is not cruel. I am Laguna. The Laguna that he holds back from becoming. The Laguna in the depths of his heart." The face twisted into a sick, deformed grin before the shade simply looked to the right. There was a shine in the light that Zeke might not be able to make out, but suddenly a form was walking out from the woods and it was similar in the way that it seemed off, but once the face was out of the shadows it was nearly identical to Zeke.

"Just like this," he motioned to the new figure. "Is the real Zeke..."
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke was about to argue before his own shade stepped forward. His hair was slicked back as opposed to the mess he usually kept, but there was anger clear in his face, hate in his eyes making them dark. The shade scoffed at Zeke and crossed his arms, "No wonder you get walked all over," it said, shaking its head, "Are you actually willing to do anything or just talk about it?"

"What... what the hell is going on?" Zeke sputtered, completely lost, then had to throw up a protego as his shade attacked him suddenly, but the intensity of it knocked him flying back and into the river itself.

"A waste," the shade muttered, "Too cowardly to act on anything he actually feels," it shook its head before looking at Laguna's shade, "What now?"
Laguna Lestrange

"He's all talk. You know that better than any of us. See? Can't even manage a simple protection spell. If he'd grown up in a proper wizarding him maybe he'd be more useful." Dark Laguna turned to walk toward Zeke now, twirling a wand in his fingertips as he did so. "Poor, pathetic, muggle-born Zeke...nothing more than a mudblood."

Shade Laguna looked to shade Zeke and shrugged, "Get rid of him. I'm tired of dealing with these pathetic versions of ourselves." With that Laguna cast a spell at Zeke, "ACCIO!"
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke was just climbing back onto the shore when Dark Laguna started to come over, insulting him. He was about to comment before he was suddenly yanked forward by the accio spell, having dropped his wand in the river itself.

Shade Zeke aimed his wand at his normal self but before he could use the spell, he heard a tutting behind him and looked over as Storm came out from under the nearby bridge.

"You boys are so quick to act," She said, "I admit, I was a bit hasty myself when I came through, eager to rid myself of the imposters that trounce about with no care in the world," she said, walking over and walking around Dark Laguna and Zeke, "But toying with their minds is infinitely more fun than you would imagine," she crooned, patting Zeke on the cheek, "Just imagine the fear of knowing there's someone out there wearing your face threatening to undo everything, to ruin your hopes, your dreams, and dismantle all that you love, for the sheer pleasure of it," she grinned as she looked over to the other shades, her eyes beaming with the joy of malice for the sake of malice, "Infinitely more enjoyable to see them squirm."

"Unlike you, I don't enjoy toying with my prey."
"Because you're impatient and short-sighted. What will you do once he's gone? Hm? Adopt his life? What good is that?"
Dark Zeke rolled his eyes and looked towards Laguna, wondering his take on this madwoman's prattling.
"You're all insane," Zeke grunted, "You won't get away with any of it."
"Silencio," Storm snapped her fingers and Zeke put his hand to his mouth as he felt his ability to talk slip away. He glowered at her, but without his wand, there was nothing he could do at the moment beyond trying to physically fight her.
Laguna Lestrange

The voice that cut through and put their fun to a stop made the reflection of Laguna stop and turn toward the source. He listened, surprisingly thoughtful at what seemed to be the leader of the trio. "Make them squirm," he repeated in a low whisper. It seemed to be something he hadn't really given thought to. Since the moment he'd broken into the lives of these students, he'd been quick to act, ready to take any opportunity even if it hadn't been the most ideal environment to act. However, this had seemingly proved to be fruitless as the actual Laguna seemed to be doing much better since his newly found mastery of sleeping draughts came into play.

"What /are/ we doing then?" Asked the Lestrange shade. "Are we just here to torment these lesser versions of our selves?" This Laguna viewed his counterpart to be weak and afraid of reaching his full potential. Simply a waste of space and talent in a world where he had nothing but power available to him. His thoughts were being clouded by the awful squeals of Zeke, and so, his temper beginning to boil, he turned on his heel. "SILENCE!" He shouted, and then he advanced, grabbing Zeke by the collar and lifting him into the air before shoving him against a tree.

"I don't appreciate you interrupting my thoughts." If possible, the knuckles on the shade were even more white than the pale complexion it held. The leader, Storm, took care of it in a more effective way, though Laguna's reflection still had Zeke against the tree, a mix of anger and excitement in the eyes. "What is the plan then? It had better be a good plan or this one is going first."
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke grunted as he was shoved into a tree, but he just narrowed his eyes at this fake that was standing in front of him. He was a bit outnumbered and now he couldn't get his wand. He knew how to fight his way out of this physically, but he didn't doubt none of these three would hesitate to use an unforgivable curse on him in a flash.

"But that fun is sooooo short-lived, isn't it?" Storm crooned as she came over towards them, putting a hand on Laguna's shoulder, "You have to see the bigger gain. The way to make even more people suffer," she said, "This world of theirs has coddled them, made them into these weak little things that can't stand up for themselves," she looked over towards Zeke's shade, "Made it rather embarrassing to realize that these children are us in this world. Wouldn't it be more.... thrilling and satisfying to make them into an actual challenge? Prove we're superior but only after we've removed their handicaps," she mused.

"What are you getting at?" Ezekial asked, "What's the point in making them more powerful? And how would you suggest we do that?"

"Again, so short-sighted," Storm sighed, "What thrill is there in stepping on ants? You already know you're better and stronger. But beating a real opponent? There's so much more excitement and satisfaction," she smirked, "So let's give them the right environment for them to grow into true opponents. Let's remove their safety nets and make them earn their strength throw fire and blood."

Zeke paled a bit listening to her speak. She was crazy, but that was probably what made these things such a threat. There was no limit, nothing that they weren't willing to do. He had to warn someone....
Laguna Lestrange

There was a long moment following the chatter between the shades, leaving poor Zeke pinned against the tree roughly. He'd probably feel it in the morning--if he made it to morning, that is. The odds seemed to be in his favor as the Lestrange shade slowly loosed the grip on Zeke and then all at once let go, sending the boy to the ground with a thud. "Very well. I, for one, could use more of a challenge. Especially from Laguna and this one," he waved his hand in the direction of Zeke. "It's too easy and the satisfaction is shortcoming."

Laguna turned his attention fully to the shades, really not caring what Zeke did with his newfound freedom. "So, what's your plan?" As far as Laguna's shade was concerned, this would be the best opportunity for Zeke to flee without any further challenges as he seemed downright bored with the tormenting of Zeke.
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke held his throat as he'd fallen to the ground and he didn't waste the opportunity, getting to his feet and hurrying back towards Hogwarts. He had to find the real Laguna and tell him about this or ask him about it or both. What the hell had even just happened!?

Storm's mouth spread into a wicked grin, "Let's not discuss this in such open places. The walls have ears and we have a patron," she turned and started to walk, "Come along boys, the fun's just begun."

Zeke's shade rolled his eyes, "Whatever," he muttered, looking at Laguna, "She's going to go and make this complicated, I bet on it," he said, crossing his arms but started to follow after.
Laguna Lestrange

[[End Scene]]

Return to “Hogsmeade Village”