An Impulsive Decision [Selah Innes]

Letters & notes between characters
Kyle Winters
7th Year | Chaser
7th Year | Chaser
Player: Jae

An Impulsive Decision [Selah Innes]

Post by Kyle Winters »

Spinning a biro absently in his hand, Kyle stared blankly at the equally blank paper before him. Should he wait till things were more or less finalised before he reached out to the kind lady from the Muggle Liaison Office? How was he to word his request delicately, provided it was even possible to do so? Or should he just omit the details from the letter and broach the topic in person instead? And how formal should the letter be?

As the gears in his head spun, so too did the pen in his hand as he twirled it as a way to get rid of his anxious, restless energy. The pen worked its way upwards from his pinky to his index finger, before spinning round the back of his thumb and coming to an abrupt halt as he caught it. He was overthinking this whole letter writing thing, wasn’t he? He sighed; he definitely was. Deciding that he was getting nowhere if he didn’t commit any ink to paper, he started off with the easy part – his name and address in the top right hand corner – and hoped that the momentum would carry him through.

━━━━━━༻❖༺━━━━━━
Kyle Winters
Flat 22
134 Sunbridge Road
Bradford
BD1 2NB
11 July 2005
Mrs Selah Innes
Muggle Liaison Office
Ministry of Magic
Scotland Place
London
SW1A 2BD

Dear Mrs Innes,

I hope this letter finds you well. I would like to request for a meeting with you at your earliest convenience to speak about some matters related to my parents’ separation.

Would you be available for a meeting this week or next week? If it is more convenient for you, I can meet you at your office at the Ministry of Magic.

I apologise for this sudden and last minute request. Thank you for your kind attention, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Kyle Winters

happiness is only a word, just an empty dream that everyone wants

Return to “Owl Post”