The Great Pumpkins [Reserved for Zeke] [Closed]

Andromeda Morningstar
7th Year
7th Year
Player: Felix

The Great Pumpkins [Reserved for Zeke] [Closed]

Post by Andromeda Morningstar »

Andromeda had been trying to seek out Zeke for several days now. He was a hard person to track down and talk to when they didn't share a lot of classes or common rooms. She had hoped to catch him after a meal at some point. She really wanted to ask him if he wanted to carve pumpkins with her and Laguna. They had made the plans and she wanted to include Zeke in these plans. She had become rather close with both Laguna and Zeke or at least she thought she had. She considered them her friends and she didn't really have many real friends to speak of.

After lunch that day, she caught sight of his blonde hair and she made a beeline for him, cutting through students and apologizing when necessary. "Excuse me...pardon me." She muttered as she cut through a group of girls gossiping about something that didn't matter to Andie whatsoever. "Zeke! Hey Zeke...." He was getting away again. She wasn't going to let that happen this time. She took off in an almost sprint trying to catch up to him. Finally, she reached the boy and she gently touched his shoulder as she then leaned down trying to catch her breath.

"You are a difficult boy to pin down, you know that?" She took a deep breath before standing upright and letting out a soft sigh. "I wanted to ask you something. I have a tradition where I carve pumpkins without magic. You know, the old muggle way. With a carving kit and all. I wanted to know if you wanted to come and carve some pumpkins with us. That is...Laguna and I. I would really like for you to join us..." She gave him puppy dog eyes and even stuck out her bottom lip playfully. "Pleeeeeeease?"
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater
Player: Nova

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke was in his own headspace as he was walking out of the Great Hall, thinking of things to come up later in the day, what classes he had, did he do his homework, was there was supposed to be quidditch practice today.... nothing of too much consequence, but it did make him mostly unaware of the people around him.

It wasn't until he felt a hand on his shoulder that he realized someone was trying to get his attention. He turned and looked, smirking a bit as he saw Andie, "Sorry. Not much of one for sitting still," he said to her comment about him being hard to pin down.

As she mentioned pumpkin carving, he grinned, "Oh yeah, my parents and I used to do that together all the time before I came here. Still find myself preferring a blade to a wand when it comes to doing it," he chuckled a little at that, "Sure, count me in," he said with a shrug, surprised a bit that Laguna hadn't mentioned this before. He wondered if perhaps she'd asked him to let her be the one to bring it up. He shrugged to himself, it didn't matter, it was just pumpkin carving, "Let me know when and where."
I'll charm my way into your heart and leave a legacy that won't be forgotten.
Andromeda Morningstar
7th Year
7th Year

He turned to look at her with a smirk on his face and she returned his smirk with a grin. "No worries at all. I'm just glad I finally caught up to you." She really had been searching for a while, but as it were, they didn't really share a lot of the same socially or academically. So it did make it a little harder to find the time to talk to him. Laguna had offered to speak with him since they see each a lot, but Andie had requested that she had wanted to invite him herself.

His smile when she mentioned the pumpkin carving only made her smile even more. "Yeah? Oh, wonderful!!!" She had to refrain from nearly jumping into the air with excitement. She didn't want to draw attention to herself and Zeke. "I do as well. My family and I used to carve pumpkins together as well. Until, as you said, I came here. We still have some traditions we do together but I really miss carving a pumpkin" She nodded and bit into her lip a little. She wanted to do it as soon as possible, as it was getting closer and closer to Halloween and she wanted them to be done before the holiday arrived.

"Great!" She pursed her lips as she thought about it. "I was thinking maybe this weekend, we could go to Hogsmeade and pick out our pumpkins and come to Hogwarts with them. Maybe carve them in the courtyard together?" She didn't think about the fact that the school grounds probably had a small pumpkin patch that could have picked pumpkins from. She was just trying to make a day out of the whole thing, as that was what they had done at her home as well. She really enjoyed it and wanted to share it with her friends. "Unless you already have plans this weekend...?"
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

Zeke thought about it a moment before nodding, "Yeah, that should be fine. If Lag's coming, that means there won't be practice," he chuckled a little, "Saaay 10? Out in front of Hogwarts? Or do we just want to meet in Hogsmeade?" he asked. He didn't want to get up early on a Saturday unless it was for Quidditch, and only because if he didn't, it usually ended up with him being at the brunt of his teammates' teasing for the day- mostly Hawthorne, the stickler that she was. He hoped neither she nor Laguna would try to make him get up earlier, but he would just have to wait and see what they decided. He waved to a student from his classes that passed before looking back to her, waiting to hear what she thought.
Andromeda Morningstar
7th Year
7th Year

She hadn't even taken into account the quidditch practices. It wasn't something that crossed her mind but she was pretty sure that it would be okay. Perhaps they could practice later that day or maybe that Sunday? "Ten works for me. Let's me sleep in a bit and get ready without feeling rushed." She smiled sweetly at him slid her arms around her back and interlaced her fingers sort of swaying back and forth. "No, we can meet out front, that way we can all walk to Hogsmeade together. I think it will be more fun that way, don't you?" She looked to the person that Zeke waved to before she looked back at him.

She was so excited that everything was falling into place now. "I got my carving kit sent to me via owl from my mom so I'll have that too, if you want to use it as well. We might really have to help Laguna. He's never done it this way, and he might need some help with it." She grinned at the thought of him trying to cut into a pumpkin without magic. It could be rather entertaining.
Zeke Smith
6th Year | Beater
6th Year | Beater

Post by Zeke Smith »

"Sleeping in was definitely the goal with that time," Zeke chuckled a little, "But I had a feeling you might want to make the little trip together, hence why it was the first suggestion," he shrugged, "And I imagine so. Might need to suggest him bring some gloves lest he ends up scarring those pretty hands of his," He smirked, shaking his head to make it clear he was just joking, "I'm headed to my next class, but I'm sure you'll have better luck catching me if you need me again," he teased as he started to back out towards the hall.
Andromeda Morningstar
7th Year
7th Year

She smiled and let out a small giggle. "Yes, well I agree. I think sleeping in is a great way to spend a Saturday." She had wanted to make the trip together. Andromeda didn't like going to Hogsmeade on her own, although she had done it a time or two, it was no fun. The walk to Hogsmeade was part of the fun, besides, maybe she could get to know her friends a bit better and actually learn more about them on the way there. "Yes, I do. I think the walk there together will be fun, don't you?" Her lips curled into a smile before letting out a laugh as Zeke brought up Laguna's pretty hands. "Oh, no, we can't have him ruining those perfectly manicured hands." She grinned along with him knowing he was joking just as much as she was.

"Oh, uh...right. Class. I Uh....I'll see you around the Zeke. Can't wait for next Saturday!" She called after him as she watched him walk away. He was always going somewhere, always had to be around someone. She let out a sigh and turned toward her next class. She just wished she could have more time with him, maybe not alone, but in general.

Return to “Archives”